Monday, June 5, 2017

Warning: Braggy mom post

Sometimes I think that Morgan was switched at birth and that there is this really artistic, athletic, coordinated and talented woman out there who is raising my biological daughter (picture a chubby girl, who wears her pants up too high around her waist, has an unusually strong craving for chocolate and sleep and trips over imaginary bumps in the road). This artistic, classy woman is thinking, "Where did I get this goofy klutz of a kid? How can this be?" I ask myself a similar question, only a little different. "Where did I get this talented kid? How can this be?" See, I'm feeling braggy today!

Anyway, Morgan has been loving photography and is constantly taking pictures with her phone. She recently entered a photography contest and lo and behold, won the sucker! Okay, she was an honorable mention, but in my mind, she WON!


So it was off to the State Capital for a celebration in the Governor's Office. Also happening that day was the swearing in of all the new State Patrolmen. Needless to say, even Grandma Dolly was on her best behavior.
The winning photo!
And to the award's ceremony with the Superintendent of Public Instruction presented the awards.
The contest was in celebration of Arbor Day so of course Morgan thought appropriate to wear Patagonia. Just kidding, she wears that thing every day, of course she wore it to the award's ceremony!
Oh that face....
And then Morgan was able to plant a tree at the Capital building. See, this is brag worthy stuff?
And a photo of my girl and the winning photo, see bottom picture. I may be biased, but I think it's pretty great! Congratulations Morgan!!!

No comments: