Sunday, June 11, 2017

Galena Girls and the Sawtooth Relay... Take 3!

After two years of Sawtooth Relay.... I thought I was done! But then a fun group asked me to join and I figured, "why not?" Great decision, because as it has been in the past, it was a BLAST!
I was the lucky one to get the summit. Almost 6 miles, 1300 feet elevation gain. And it was snowing. BUT, it turns out that having a run a marathon a couple of weeks prior, it was actually easy!
Our fierce and furious hand offs. I'm certain we won the race.
And by winning, I mean drinking melted jello shots between legs.

The views are just incredible... Sadly a 2:45 am start time and the weather didn't cooperate with us seeing the Sawtooth Mountain range in her full glory!




See that snow in the background? But happily, this sign let me know the climb up the mountain was about to end!
During my leg and unbeknownst to me... The team decided to celebrate my birthday. Such a great group of ladies!





Post race, I think many people were taking pity on us? Or maybe they realized that we literally hadn't had a wink of sleep Friday night after having adult beverages and then starting the race... But for whatever reason, pretty much every person at the after party gave us their drink ticket. So then this photo shoot happened. Naturally.

Gina and me. Blue steel wonders.
April and Gina. Between legs when it was actually warm enough to be out of the car and not be running.
Carissa, our trip mom. She herded us cats like a champ. Even after she stayed up ALL night Friday drinking champagne. She STILL herded us!

When the team names, What the Hill and Hot Mess Express were already taken, Galena Girls it was....
Beer has really never tasted so fine.


I think as the years have passed, the costumes have gotten better and better. Murica!

 Jello shot packing.... This woman is something! Entertained us for HOURS!
 2:45 a.m. start time after driving over an hour from Sun Valley. Ain't nothing.

We had such plans for Saturday night. Not to be missed a Metallica cover band and all....

But then the reality of having not slept AT ALL Friday night, running all day long in the snow, drinking the world's best tasting beer all afternoon in a park.... And it was lights out. Sawtooth, you wooed me back again. Ladies who can laugh at each other and themselves all day long, yes, please, I'll take another!

No comments: