Saturday, March 19, 2016

Sweet, Sweet Byron Bay... We miss you!

I think we all knew Byron wasn't going to live forever... But we sure hoped he would. Byron Bay's entrance into Ryan and my life marked our "official" entrance into adulthood. The day he showed up, I also became a fiance. He has been a part of all our big moments... And he added so much to our lives!
We knew he wasn't feeling well, but figuring that most 14 year old old guys aren't...  Sadly, he stopped walking and the vet diagnosed him with bone cancer. 

Most likely the saddest day we've ever had. I carried him in from the vet and here he laid for the next four hours. The kids came home from school early and gave him last loves.

Actually we all gave him last loves, lots and lots of last loves.




The vet came to our house and we said goodbye right here. We sure miss that crazy guy. All of the stories we have of his silliness. Peeing on strangers at the dog park, digging holes in the back yard that you could bury a village in, chasing me throughout the house each night to lick the lotion off my face, "rescuing" us when we swam (essentially drowning us in the process), diving in the river to get rocks, keeping a perimeter around the kids when they were babies, the list goes on and on....
Words can't say what an impact this sweet guy had on us. 
Aidan's class made him cards to say they were sorry. Sweetest stack of cards I think I have ever seen!

And Ryan made this video of our guy. Rest in Peace old guy, we love and miss you! 



No comments: