Thursday, March 10, 2016

NEWS!

Well, this post is completely out of order, but I have news!!!! Possibly good news! And this lovely, little cross contaminated bagel is the cause. As you know, dear loyal one reader. Food allergies rule our lives. One morning, getting ready for school, Morgan came across this bagel... A bagel brand that she's eaten forever. COVERED in sesame seeds. It was one of those moments, where I just freaking had absolutely had it. Our last appointment at the allergist left me in tears, with these thoughts, "Hey 4th really crappy allergist we've tried in this town, put down your iphone, I'm paying $300 for a 10 minute consultation, where I educated YOU about food allergy trials happening in the nation, where you didn't have my daughter's test results but somehow I DID, where you told Morgan in front of a waiting room as we were leaving that she will never outgrow any of the foods she's allergic to... We are DONE with you." So since I managed to have to Morgan's test results, I emailed them to our beloved National Jewish with a SOS call. And guess what? After lots and lots and lots of phone calls and conversations.... They *think* she can food challenge to some foods. So April 10th, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya. My girl MoMo and I are headed to NJH for a week of poking, proding, hopefully food challenging (and a shopping spree!). So cross your fingers, toes, legs, whatever and WISH US LUCK!

No comments: