Saturday, April 30, 2011

The wedding to end all...

I'll admit it.... I'm "into it." I really am! Today or yesterday or whatever, Kate and William married. No, I didn't stay up until 2 a.m or whatever time it was that their wedding first aired but needless to say, when I woke up, I grabbed Morgan and we watched our taped version of the festivities. I know that the average American is grimacing about my excitement but who cares? I have spent the last 8, yes 8, years working in divorce/high conflict custody/domestic violence court as a social worker, and I have to say, I am still a sucker for a good love story and resulting marriage. Instead of being jaded, I root for love and I look to my parents, my grand-parents, great-parents marriage, etc. etc. as a reminder that a lot of good and worthy things come from a wonderful union. So yes, I have yet to attend a marital union that I haven't cried at, Kate and William are not exempt from that. Yep, I shed a tear this morning and Morgan asked me if I was sweating. Apparently, I am very classy in my shedding of a tear. Regardless, I don't care what the nay-sayers say, a beautiful and wonderful love story is just what I think we need right about now! Long live the Queen or whatever it is they say in England!

No comments: