Saturday, April 23, 2011

Introducing our son... Pirate Jake!

For us, having a daughter has meant drama, an outgoing personality and lots of giggles. Having a son has meant a lot of quirkiness, an imagination that is like none other and again, a lot of giggles. Aidan and his very best friend Jack have taken on a new role in life... They are Pirate Jake and here is the outfit. Yes, Jack has the exact same one! Aidan has worn this outfit for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT. It's one thing to walk down the grocery store with a Darth Vader or even a Spiderman in tow, people think that's cute and they laugh. When Pirate Jake is in the house, unfortunately people look at me like I have three heads and wonder why I dress my kid like he's a Bruce Springsteen/Hells Angel wannabe. I am in the process of making a t-shirt that states, "Yes, this is my child and no, I did not have anything to do with this outfit."

If you have been within a 3 mile radius of the Kearney home in the past three days, you've probably heard a loud and ferocious "AAAARRRRGGG" coming from Pirate Jake.

And there it is... My little Bruce Springsteen. I think the suit vest adds a nice touch, don't you?

No comments: