Sunday, July 1, 2018

See ya Spring 2019!

To say our spring was bonkers might be a bit of an understatement. Travel soccer tourneys, some work travel, end of school shenanigans, it was a blur. But a really fun blur and is it odd that I'm looking forward to the chaos that awaits us in the fall?


Ryan was lucky enough to experience teen-girl-soccer-team chaos at a travel tournament with Morgan in San Jose. So Aidan and I checked out some of his artwork at Guru donuts. We were so inspired by Mrs. Bommarito's class artwork that we ate our bodyweight in donuts...
And then we hit Fanci Freeze for the world's biggest milkshake.
Meanwhile Morgan was staking her claim at the tournament. Her picture made the National Rush instagram. Excited about that? Understatement. She may be small, but she is fierce.


And then it was my turn to travel with AJ. This time to Sacramento for Davis Cup. Picture three teams, yes three, of tween boys on one airplane? And then picture the flight attendant giving free drinks to the parents since they were so well behaved. Proud mamas.
Yes, I did participate in doping. Imagine hot weather and endless soccer. Give the kid some caffeine!
And waiting, there is always waiting.
Super proud of my boy!
And a 1 p.m. start time on Sunday means fun in the pool Saturday night.
Best part about travel tournaments? One on one time with your kid. Worth the cost in so many ways!


Did I mention there is lots of waiting in tournaments?
I think I'm still exhausted by watching those games, they played so well and made it to the championships. Sadly for our boys, the rookie/should have known better parents completely jinxed the game by buying the expensive video of the game. We knew better, but yet we bought it. Despite previously beating this team earlier in the tournament, the boys ended up with 2nd.
Champions in my mind! Such great effort....

Poor Aidan's allergies do not appreciate Davis, CA. The kid could hardly see, so a trip to In N' Out was in order to make him feel better...
Oh this group of boys! They make travel fun and interesting....
Apparently I have behaved and was allowed to sit at a row other than the last in the auditorium so I actually got to see him at the end of the year concert!
A farewell selfie prior to leaving to yep, another travel tournament!
And a tournament with this knucklehead. If you need entertainment, I'm telling you, this kid is it.
The girls took their post game ice bath to the freezing waters of Lake Coeur d Alene. Did I spell that right? I swear, I can't ever get that name spelled right.
Such a cute group!
Again with the tournament waiting. Waiting with this kid isn't too bad, she's full of stories and stories and stories....
We had a cheering section! Papa Jeff and Grandma Debi made the drive over!
See what I mean about entertaining. I don't know what she's doing here, but her expression and wearing her coach's sunglasses says it all...



And that's a wrap on Spring 2018. Yes, we are all tired after that!

No comments: