Sunday, July 1, 2018

Visit from the Fosters!

The kids got to celebrate school being out for the summer in the best possible way! Foster time!
Lots of pool side lounging for this crew....
And challenging the dads to lawn games...
And episodes of playing "chubby bunny" despite my protesting that they were going to choke. I stand corrected, thankfully.
Meanwhile, the boys were in heaven talking all things xbox, legos, star wars, etc. etc. etc.
The primary purpose of the visit was so that Grandma Dolly could hold a memorial service for my mom who passed away 35 years ago.  She wanted to be sure the next generations (and us oldies too) knew the funny stories, could read my mom's poetry and writing and learn more about her. It was a truly beautiful tribute....

As all celebrations of life should end, it ended in celebration! So more pool time, followed by a night out for the adults....

Dolly and her ladies....
No words for this one.
If Max somehow gets eaten up mysteriously, please check me first. I likely did it, I can't get enough of that kid!

I hope that there are lots of things that Jon and I have done that make our mom proud. But I can without a doubt say that these five little human beings are what makes her shine the most! 

No comments: