Sunday, June 15, 2014

Say Anything.

I know, I know, it's Father's Day not "Husband's Day." But I tell you what people, take it from the lady who conducts assessments in divorce court, being a good father means being a good husband. 

This picture, although we blend into the wine barrels, epitomizes what type of husband I have. This last week, the Ben Towne Foundation Boise Chapter hosted an event to raise awareness and support in our community in anticipation of some exciting fundraising events we have planned. Being the co-chair, I had to give a little ditty about how far our chapter had come, how we started the chapter, etc. etc. Of course we had some technical difficulties. I'm a social worker people, I don't do technology! So in order for people to hear me, Ryan had to hold the speaker high enough for the sound to project.

Seriously, who does that? An amazing husband, that's who. I didn't ask him to, he just did. And it's like that with everything. I come up with some really wild ideas regarding my philanthropic and personal goals and Ryan never.bats.an.eye. He always helps. I could tell him that I wanted to fly squirrels to Pluto and I swear to you people, he would ask where he could donate his time. And it's not just me. You, the reader, all two of you. You could tell Ryan that you felt it was important to support a cause to see if you really can't squeeze blood from a turnip. And he would ask, "How can I help?" Because he's just that guy, that wonderful, supportive, amazing guy. Of course, I know a lot of his support to my time intensive ideas for THIS cause that led to him holding this speaker are because he feels as strongly as I do about supporting it, but still, I truly am the luckiest girl in the world.

And P.S., if you know me, you know I'm a "talker," and this wasn't a short speech. God, he's good.

John Cusack has nothing on Ryan Kearney.

No comments: