Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Big 'K' Bound!!

First, we celebrated having a BIG 2nd grader in the house... Then we got to celebrate our BIG preschool graduate/future full day kindergartner! Our family spent five lovely years at this school and I have to admit a couple of sobs escaped this old gal's face as we left for the final time... Words can't express what Garabatos has meant to us over the years! Need not worry, the moms and I are having our first "reunion" tomorrow night over happy hour!

How fitting is it that Aidan's garden was right next to his buddy Isabel's. We love spending time with that little sweetheart and are so happy/relieved/ecstatic that they will be in the same kindergarten class next year. Phew.

Well of course it makes sense to dance with pineapples on your head at graduation! Don't look closely for Aidan, you won't find him. He was busy completing surveillance of the yard looking for imaginary bad guys. No dancing for this dude.

Nick and Isabel breaking it down.

Not too shabby, he says.

Maestra Irene. We love that lady!

The kids made rain makers out of plastic crayons and put on quite the performance. Why do I have a picture of all their backs you ask? Oh, well that would be because my shy little dude DEMANDED that I be on stage with the kids. Don't worry, I can rock at a minutes notice.

Um, why am I shaking a plastic crayon filled with beans, he asks.

Not the best picture of Maestra Veronica. What a special woman to us. She taught our kids more that we could have ever imagined about science, nature, the arts, music, yoga, gardening, how to love, how to be accepting and how to get along, all in Spanish. 
Post celebration at the park. Yes people, even Kindergartners get picked up by their mothers. Well, maybe just this Kindergartner. If he'd let me put him in a Baby Bjorn, I swear I would. I can't handle how fast he is growing up... We are so proud of this little guy. He's grown from being our shy, timid little man to a *more* outgoing and adventurous guy. He loves deeply and is developing such a silly sense of humor. Aidan makes this family complete. Yep, we'll keep him!

No comments: