Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Mom, we're going to be really bored of each other by the end of this, right?"

This is what Morgan has told me a couple of times today, "Mom, we're going to get really bored of each other by the end of this, right?" She might get bored of me, however, I think it might be impossible to get bored of Morgan. She's a nut, an absolute nut. She told everyone today her name is Margaret and she's 4 years old. What? I can't rest for a second because I never have any idea what she might be saying or doing! Her giggle has been infectious throughout the 2nd floor of NJH, but her screams of frustration have also been heard. You definitely always know what this girl is feeling. As the nurse said today, "She's has a bit of a drama gene, right?" Ummm, yeah.

We've been here since Sunday night, but it feels we've been here a week and a half already.... In a good way because I have learned 6 years worth of information as to how to take care of Morgan. I can't believe how little we knew, no wonder her skin has looked like raw chicken. In a bad way, because we are exhausted! It's kind of like being at summer camp, but you're in a hospital setting. For example, we were awakened this morning bright and early (like summer camp, not even time to get dressed, luckily I slept in sweats!, or have coffee, or brush my teeth) to begin treatments, tests, etc. (like a hospital). I am in even more in awe of families who do this when their child's life is at stake. It is beyond fathom.


A little ice cream cone before we hit the friendly skies. You never know what they may take out of Morgan's diet, so I figured we may as well have at least one last hurrah with our friend, dairy!

Thanks to the Hamiltons, this little girl was entertained on the flight... Unfortunately, her fingers and mouth are not connected, meaning she can use both at the same time. She talked the ENTIRE flight. I now am aware of every conversation she has ever had or overheard, in fine detail.

Oh how we love this tooth fairy dog, compliments of Grandma Dolly! This little dog has come along to all of our treatments and tests.


When we first got to National Jewish, we were immediately shuttled to the room we would spend the next 36 hours. Because of Morgan's experience with infections, we were quarantined until they could determine she did not have MRSA. I opened her backpack to get out some activities, and what do I find? Yes, a whoopie cushion! I had no idea she even had this thing. Better yet, when our treatment team came into our room for the first time, yep, she sat on it. I wish you could have seen the doctor's face. It was a mixture of shock and "oh crap," I am going to have my hands full with this little lady! Yes, you are Dr. Abbott!g
Good Ole Ronnie McD has sponsored the play area. We haven't spent too much time there because there hasn't been much time to play! But that's good, we can play in Boise, we're here to pick their brains!

No comments: