Thursday, September 16, 2010

Got allergies?

Morgan does... And A LOT! I won't bore you with the specifics, but the tests came back... If you are a "food allergy mom," you look forward to allergy testing with a bizarre and unrealistic hope that the numbers will drop and that you can possibly be "food challenged," with good results and then everything can go back to "normal." "Normal" would mean I wouldn't read, re-read, re-read and double check labels anymore, I wouldn't have to make 5 million cupcakes in the middle of the night to stock pile them in the preschool's freezer, and I would stop worrying that a cookie will kill my child. Yes, I said it, food can kill my child and I was just handed the test results proving it. Instead of the numbers dropping, they have grown and they have grown a lot. That means that grocery stores, friend's houses, restaurants and school lunch rooms, actually anywhere that peanuts, tree nuts, fish, eggs and sesame seeds are present, will continue to be our battlefield, until there is a CURE anyway. We won't be getting any foods back, but fortunately we didn't lose any either!!! We'll be talking with our treatment team about some of the experimental treatments that are currently underway. We won't be able to partake, as most are occurring at Duke University. Once I get my money printing machine up and running and get the hardwoods put in, we'll start printing for that trip:)

No comments: