Sunday, October 22, 2017

Seattle Summer! (and other stuff)

It makes me so sad to be posting these summer pictures whiles it's a dark and dreary day out... But I guess I couldn't pull myself away from such a great summer until now to actually get these posts done!
Lots and lots of boat time this summer!
The number one and really only way to exercise our gal is swimming...
Three amigos.
Morgan perfected wake boarding this summer!


Meanwhile Aidan kept the 80's relevant on the knee board.


And then it was off to Seattle for a whirlwind week with family!
This cool little man loved the UW waterfront.
And this little nerd loved the super sour candy that her dad dared her to eat.
This makes my saliva glands water just looking at this picture and remembering that stuff. Ugh!
You can take the girl out of the terrible 2's, but you can't take the terrible 2's out of the girl. I think I have this exact same picture  of Morgan but taken 10 years ago.
And then it was time to head to Lake Ki for some fun on my parent's lake. So this is what it looks likes when it's sunny there? Got it.
The Macka Packa in full effect.
Sweet and silly cousin girl time.
I can't exactly remember what Uncle Jonny convinced the kids they were "hunting" for, but sure was nice and quiet on the beach for a while!
Whatever they were looking for, not sure they found it.
Oh this cousin crew!

AIIIIIUUGGGGHHH. I don't know how to turn this picture. But I digress, bird house painting at Mema and Papas!
Followed by endless battles between Morgan and Shannon. They play games against each other that literally make my brain sizzle and hurt just thinking about.
And then it was off to watch the US Women's Soccer Team play in the Tournament of Nations. So, so cool!
While I did feel star struck seeing Alex Morgan, I really vibed into this DJ Shortee business. Her dance moves were really on par with mine. I think I see a second career for myself...
Fantastic seats for a great game!
 And look who found there!??! Sweet Cassie.
 Repping Rush and Alex M.

 Navigating the wild and wooly streets of Seattle to get home. My how that city has changed from my days of wreaking havoc there!
 We kept the best for last, which was Noelle's show, The Village Theatre's performance of Aida. The cast was entirely made up of teenagers. If you ever feel yourself you stomping around, feeling really grumpy, shaking your fist and grumbling, "kids these days, UGH!" I dare you to feel that way after seeing what we saw. Absolutely, jaw dropping, incredible. Have faith my curmudgeon-y old folks, the next generation is just fine!
And the day after the show, Ryan got the Macka Packa. Aunt Sarah never gets the Packa because I'm too busy trying to chase that kid around and get love. I could just eat him up!
What's better than a 90 degree day and sneaking onto the neighbor's really high diving tower? Not much.







Good God, leave it to the Idaho folks to put a broken air mattress in the lake! Home values went down significantly while the Idaho folks were visitin'.
Baylee in her version of heaven. (And trying to escape the hell hounds known as Dash and Bogey). Baylee may weigh a good 65 more pounds than both of them together, but she is no match for their ferociousness.




Proving once again that Cass and Morgan are truly a match. (And I was relieved to see that someone else is almost as obsessed with slime).
A perfect ending to a perfect trip. An evening wine cruise on Pine Lake. Don't mention that bats that I'm certain tried to kill me.

No comments: