Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Summer Loving....

It's not weird that it's the middle of the summer and I am posting about end of the year festivities... NO! Anyway, the blog wouldn't be complete about a post talking about Taiko drumming. "Taiko drumming, Taiko drumming, this one time when I was taiko drumming... Did you know that taiko drumming...?" The taiko drumming talk was enough to drive a momma mad, but I was happy to learn at the performance that EVERY 4th grader was talking non-stop Taiko drumming at home too. And the performance was great! (And I'm glad to know we have a year off before Aidan starts in on the taiko drumming madness).



We celebrated the end of the school year with a GOURMET meal with our friend Karen. We are foodies, what can I say? Don't worry, I'll post more food pictures for your taste buds later...


Once again, rocking the iphone on lacrosse day! Was I sad that Aidan's team didn't make it to the championships so we hit grandma's pool instead?  90 degree weather in the beating sun is awesome and I wanted the games to go on and on and on and on.....
First camping trip of the year on the lake (and possibly the last, tent camping is not for 38 year old bods).

But the waterskiing was great for Ms. Mo!
And then I found this oldie but goodie and had to add. Look at those babies. This might have been the weekend that Jeremy wowed Eastern Oregon with his stand up comedy routine AND asked Kirstin's dad for her hand in marriage. A weekend to remember!
Back to camping... A girl and her 100 year old dog!
And the other dawg....
These two....
Aidan has picked the bow of the boat since he was a baby! You can always find him here....

Daddy/daughter fishing trip!
I love, love, love seeing these two sweet siblings together. Especially when they are on the end of a long dock and I can't hear them fighting... Our kids, fight? Nooooo.


There is really nothing like sunset on the lake! 

The next day, the Hills braved the wind (and Ironman contestants) to join us for a day on the lake... So much fun!


Notice how I'm pantless? Yes, pants were forgotten, therefore big time burns on the thighs. Nothing says happy Monday like work pants on a fire red burn! And water? Yes, that was forgotten too (actually our jug tipped over). So the Hills were literally life savers and brought us provisions....

World's best daddy!!!
And world's sweetest son!
Who has somewhat developed a fishing bug. However, if he catches one, I'm not sure what will happen. He's our future animal right's activist/animal rescuer....

No comments: