Sunday, September 11, 2011

What a Weekend!!!

Another weekend has gone just too quickly. I realize it's only 4:30 on Sunday while I type this, but I am procrastinating some reports I have to write for the court and I am on call tonight, so for me the weekend is over! (If I don't sneak in a bike ride anyway.)

Morgan's first fall soccer game. These fans are tough. Don't mess with Morgan's cheering section. It was a fantastic game, unfortunately the "Silly Bands" lost in a real heartbreaker, but those girls have spirit! Unfortunately only videos of the little girl, I'll get those uploaded soon. Ryan was having "boy time" with Jeremy in Donnelly for the night, so my goal on Saturday was to wear the kids out. After soccer, it was a four year old birthday party and then we headed to the Bordner's pool for "Operation Wear Out." Mission accomplished people, Morgan slept in until 11:00 a.m. Sunday morning. NO LIE!
Friday night while daddy was still in town, we hit a milestone. Aidan's first big boy bike ride through downtown! We hit "Art in the Park" and then our favorite downtown pizza spot, Protos. Someone is pretty proud of himself!
Sunday, after Morgan FINALLY woke up, we met up with Brooke at a Stella and Dot shin-dig and then decided to honor our local heroes. It was Starbuck's Cake Pops for our fearless firepeeps at Station number 3!
It took almost every ounce of Aidan's self control to not go Tazmanian Devil on these things. He did great and was responsible for carrying them to the station, since there were nuts involved after all...
Being an ER social worker, I sometimes get to see first hand how hard these people work. I really don't know they do it and it really does bring tears to my eyes to think what this profession went through ten years ago. Yowza. I can't say that I could ever be that fearless but I am certainly glad that these folks are.

And fun fact of the day, firetrucks now carry epi-pens. Hooray!

And another fun fact, my baby brother is 25 today! Happy birthday Ty-ty! Since mentally I am still 25, we're twins!

No comments: