Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome to the "dodo" free zone!

Ryan and I were beginning to think that in 15 years, we'd be sitting in a high school auditorium, with tears welling up as we see our "baby" cross the stage to accept his diploma... All with a pacifier (or dodo as Aidan calls it) attached to his gown. His love affair with his beloved dodo has been intense and long lasting, however, this past Sunday morning (amidst multiple empty threats that the dodo fairy was going to come and take it) Aidan told me he wanted to throw away his dodo and go to "Toy Story" aka Toys R' Us to get some "diggers" in exchange. This turned out to be a very lucky turn of events from me because I had the flu (yes, THAT kind of flu, no more will I be frustrated when our kids can't make it to the bathroom to throw up! Yes, that was too much information!) and Ryan had taken Morgan up for a day of skiing. So needless to say, I was very glad that Aidan was preoccupied with his new diggers while I huddled on the couch, watching reruns of "16 and pregnant" on MTV. (Even while sick, I have bad taste in TV).

No comments: