Friday, March 26, 2010

Behind every great daughter is an even greater daddy...

Lately I have been working more than usual because a.) I'm a job hoarder, some people hoard cats, I hoard jobs, b.) this economy is really hitting the social work world, so I want to gather as many nuts as I can before it hits me personally (hopefully, it won't!) and c.) this mama is gonna need some new furniture if our short sale we've been trying to buy ever comes through! I got home reeeaaaallllyyy late tonight, to not only find a very clean house, but this sign. Now I know that Morgan needs some credit for all the work she did and her artistic flair, but I have a feeling her daddy played a big part in doing something that made me feel so happy.

It's hard to read this sign because of my camera "issues," but it says "Mommy the Super Social Worker." I don't know how accurate that statement is, but it sure is sweet of my family to think so... (or at least indulge me!)

All this extra work made it necessary for me to take my little dude on a brunch date to Big City Coffee this morning.... How cool is it to spend a Thursday morning playing "eye-spy" (and always getting it right because Aidan doesn't have the heart or attention span to tell you guessed wrong), as well as having the opportunity to kindly debate the benefits of a digger vs. crane vs. tractor? P.S. All of those machinery do different things and don't try to tell my son otherwise, you will get an earful!

No comments: