Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lost in Translation...

We just got home from a FANTASTIC weekend at the Hamilton Cabin (pictures will come once I figure out how to get them off my new fancy-bedancy phone, technology and I are not friends!). Molly and I had a great time mountain biking with two other ladies (one of whom I had briefly met once before, the other I just met right before the ride). At the end of our bike ride, we switched diaper duty with the boys and they hit the mountain trails. While we were getting ready for the beach, Morgan told my mountain biking partners (who had just met me) while out of my ear shot that "my mommy has been to jail before!"


WHAT?!? Yes, in my 32 years, I've had lots of adventures, however, none of them have included being incarcerated! That night while I was tucking her into bed, I asked her why she told our new friends that I had been to jail before. She innocently replied, "Because you told me you go there for work sometimes." True, I have as a SOCIAL WORKER visited inmates for MY JOB! Important detail that she left out!


So Boise and beyond... be warned that if Morgan tells you a "story" you just might want to do some fact checking! She also told Jesse this weekend that her "mom eats a lot of food, sometimes 60 pieces a day." That's wonderful that in the eyes of my daughter I am an overeating, law-breaker! Being Morgan's mom is truly an adventure, one that is never boring!




















No comments: