Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The Mountains Were Calling

This post could also be titled, "Why Sarah Drinks Wine."


 Having the world's leakiest house is a title not for the weak of the heart, the impatient or the busy. Luckily, there is wine for those of us who have the world's leakiest house and all of the qualities listed above. Awesome. Thanks refrigerator.


 I just love to come home to these guys.











Now THIS is summer fun. 

So what to do? LEAVE TOWN! The Sawtooths it was for our first backpacking trip with all four of us.
Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous. Serial killers and bears, not my faves. But we did it! And I'm hooked!
We woke up to this on Sunday. I mean, seriously! What? 
 
Absolutely breathtaking and beautiful.
As any good hiker, a can of wine and a book. Yes, please.



This was the night before hiking in and camping off the highway. Our neighbors were  SO COOL! That is if you enjoy REALLY loud country music at 3 a.m. Like front row concert loud. But I hadn't heard a good Diamond Rio song in a while and now I can say I have. Thanks guys!


You can hardly see what's happening here, but Aidan is laying in a hammock and the kids are taking turns making each other laugh. Best moment of the trip.
Even our exercise resistant pup enjoyed the weekend. 

I can't wait for another trip! But maybe we don't have to have the whole leaky business first?

No comments: