Friday, April 20, 2018

Christmas and NY!

I know, I KNOW! I'm blogging about Christmas when it is 70 degrees out. Total fail and then when you see the pathetic display of pictures from the holiday season, additional FAIL. But since I haven't worked on a photo album since 2008, I've got to get these blog posts done so they can be become a blog book. See kids? Mom was fun sometimes, when she wasn't a rushed, crazed mad woman following detailed lists of where each child goes each day for activities and losing her mind when soccer shoes are left out of the soccer bag. I digress.
Can I just say how much the Kearney kids and their parents are LOVING their new schools? Okay, I did. Anyway, Aidan had a Christmas band concert and I was given strict instructions to sit in the back row and "be cool." Okay, he didn't say "be cool," it more something like, "don't you dare embarrass me" or something like that. So pardon the long distance iPhone shot. I can tell you he was as cute and talented as can be. I see a big flutist future for this kid (just kidding, he wants to quit). 
Now that Baylee is on the proper diet and medications, she is slimming down nicely. Who knows, you may even see her on the cover of People magazine soon for an extreme weight loss photo spread. 
Thank God for Morgan.
This was our first year of not using a professional picture for Christmas. Cue the 500 shots to get one where we don't look absolutely ridiculous. Well, maybe we do here, but I don't care. 
We fit in some hockey time! Aidan loved it. 
I also entered a pie eating contest. I swear I needed insulin after that. I'll never look at pumpkin pie the same. And sadly, I didn't bring home the pickle jar trophy, but there's always next year folks!
It was a white Christmas, hooray!
This is an all too common scene in our house. 
So lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa visit before their big Arizona winter adventure!




"Shitters full Clark." I love my dad. 
After Christmas, it was off to McCall for some skiing and fun times with the Hamiltons!


Again with the food eating competitions, I think the Kearneys have a problem.
But it allowed us to fit in nicely with the Lardos crowd!
We even convinced Jesse to join in. 

Not stellar ski conditions led to an impromptu spa day. I think Quinn captured my youthful side quite well. Sadly, I think I wore similar makeup in the 8th grade. 
Aidan also does a lovely job with the make up.
Always such a treat to spend time at the Bryan's cabin! I hope this gaggle carries on the tradition of McCall fun!
It just isn't McCall ski season without some hot tub time machine! 

No comments: