Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother Mother.....

Today's blogging is brought to you by "Two Sick Kids at Home and a Mom Not Feeling Too Hot Either." I shake my fist at you immunity gods, seriously, this year has been rough cold/flu wise for the Kearneys. Wahh wahhh.... But that didn't stop me from having a FANTASTIC Mother's Day. I pity the fool who marries Morgan, Ryan has set the bar so incredibly high for spoiling the lady in his life.
After a week of crazy soccer/lacrosse madness, Saturday night we hit the greenbelt and biked to Lucky 13 for some pizza and brew fun!
And then decided to hit Locavore and Powells for some treats, more brews and cheesecake. Because nothing says Mother's Day like massive amounts of calories and sugar, yow!
Ryan always appreciates the accoutrements on his dessert. He's fancy like that.
And Morgan always enjoys a big piece of globbery sugar!
As does Aidan. Because sugared up children are well, sugared up wild children. Just how I like 'em.
Somehow I managed an extra day of celebrating after Saturday's evening fun. A jog in the foothills while Ryan did MORE yard work. Oh yes please! Followed up by a family mountain biking trip and a stop in Hyde Park for yep, sugar and brews. I see a pattern.
Riding our bikes back to the East end led to a really disgusting water fight. *Think camelsbacks and spitting on each other* Hey, it's Mother's Day, I can spit water on my kids if I want to....
Who are we kidding though, I sadly lost that water fight... Weird that we all have the same cold right now. Huh.
When we got home, Ryan made dinner while I was treated to the "MA Spa." Aptly named after Morgan and Aidan. But Morgan and Aidan were nowhere in sight. Instead they were replaced by these charming short people (wearing my clothes), who had fantastic little English accents.
This little gal checked me in and surprisingly knew I had two children. She informed me that my daughter would go on to play professional soccer and marry a professional soccer player named Rinaldo, but that sadly my son would become a "hobo."
A better pedicure never existed.
And they served wine at this joint, fantastic!
I had quite a few colors to pick from....

And I even had a head massage! (Please disregard the sun damaged skin, questionable choices were made in my 20's.)
These two....

And a massage!


I have no idea how I got so lucky to have this gang of wild things.... And why in the world would I get so spoiled? Being their mom is easy peasy and the greatest joy. (Except when they didn't sleep through the night, enough said).
And a Monday treat, had to throw this in. Bull snake on a Monday walk in the 'hood. Have to love Idaho living...


No comments: