Saturday, February 28, 2015

Skedaddle to Seattle….

There's a new Foster in the world! And since my youngest child is practically picking out colleges, this girl needed a baby fix in a bad way… So while Ryan was terrorizing the streets of McCall with his gaggle of middle aged friends (ha!), the kids and I hopped over to Seattle.

 This picture has nothing to do with our trip, but it's too sweet not to share. Being a working mom is great, but really hard. Saying goodbye to favorite 8 year old is tough. We have quite the morning routine, which involves a lot of chatting and snuggling. We also have a routine of him standing in the garage, while I blink the lights with my hazard lights on. I can't wait for the neighbors to report a ufo on our street. But it's 6:45 a.m. and no one else is awake. Aidan constructed this picture for me to put in my office so I can think about him when I get sad and miss him. THIS kid….
 The obligatory plane shot. 
 And stuffing of the face shot because Grandma's like to give treats! 
 And the selfie we took to send to Ryan to remind him not to do anything *too* dangerous because there might be some knuckleheads who like him...
 And then we met the baby!! Oh the baby. I can't stop thinking about this sweet little boy. Emmett Jonathan Foster. I let Cass hold him for a second. 
 Look at this gaggle of grandkids… Such a fun group of kids, we are beyond lucky to have this family!!
 And the BABY. Ahhhhh, I need another fix….
 And my baby holding the baby.
 And cue the wrasslin'. 
 Which went on and on. Uncles are the best! 
 I kid you not. I have 189 pictures of these cute little mugs on my phone. 189?!?!
 Mastered the selfie.
 Morgan's in selfie training. Lord, help us all.
 She loves her uncle Jon. Conversation overheard at our house. Aidan: "Uncle Jonny is actually a kid-ult." Me: "What's a kid-ult?" Aidan: "It's like an adult, who is like a kid, but he's actually an adult."
 For the 923rd time. WHO ARE THESE BIG KIDS? WHERE ARE MY BABIES.
I also got to sneak in a visit with my very first and beloved best friend… Kelly's an uber talented photographer and this is the only picture verifying our visit (that's ridiculous). But people, she has 23,000 unread emails. 23,000!?!? You should have seen her face when I told her that meant they were "unread." But when you are getting spots in PEOPLE and US WEEKLY (capitalized because these periodicals are holy to me), you might just have 23,000 unread emails. Or actually if you knew Kelly, it would make sense, she's much too busy living a big, fun, full life for email. LOVE that girl. 
 And then the kid-ult took my children for a lovely swim in the lake. Rainy, 40 degrees, of course! See, now you know why my kids think he's like a kid, but an adult, like a kid….
 Followed by a soak. Even that looked too cold and wet for me….
 I'm a great aunt, but a horrible sister…. Karaoke machine for Christmas, yes please! I realized just how terrible this gift was. The doors may be shut but you CANNOT escape the kid version of "Uptown Funk" no matter where you try to hide. You just CANNOT. 
 Luckily, there were breaks to play a little World Cup.

 Morgan and the ferocious hell hounds. Dash and Bogey. Also known as the dog versions of Morgan and Aidan.
 We took in a little sight seeing to the Snoqualmie Falls. Running a little hot there.

 And no stop to Washington is complete without visiting my mom and grandpa Bob's resting place. Note the little purple flower that is growing… None of us planted it but there it is. Apparently the big guy in the sky thinks they are pretty special too!
Off in the distance you can see the long lost twins, Aidan and Cassie running. So stinking cute together. Thanks Foster family for another FANTASTIC trip! 

No comments: