Friday, November 27, 2009

My new best friend, the Elf!

My mother-in-law bought us an "Elf on the Shelf" last year and let me tell you, it's worth it's weight in gold!!! It "moves" throughout the house and is monitoring the kids' behavior to report to Santa. The kids have been driving each other nuts with their kindness towards each other. Morgan will have some type of treat and say, "Here Aidan take this, it's yours, no really, take it, please TAKE IT!" Morgan's also been telling me I'm pretty and the nicest mom in the world, it's funny how this always seems to happen within ear-shot of this little elf. Aidan also thinks that the elf is telling the "dodo (binky) fairy" about his sneaking the dodo when we aren't looking. Every once in a while, I'll hear a little shreik and Aidan will be running to his room and throwing his dodo onto his bed as fast as possible. This might be turning the kids into neurotic, elf-fearing little people, but it sure is going to be a peaceful and well-behaved month in the Kearney home!


I think he's kind of funny looking, but Morgan exclaimed today (of course within ear shot of the elf) that he is the cutest thing she's ever seen. She's named him Bookie, either my child will develop a penchant for gambling in the future or she really likes books. We're hoping for the latter!

No comments: