Thursday, July 7, 2016

"A fire in them thar hills"

Anyone who has been within a 10 foot radius of me the past week has heard that our neighborhood caught on fire... Resulting in an evacuation that led to 2500 plus acres burning and the Kearneys slept through it. Yep, slept right through it... I wish so much that neighbors were around to see my face as I ran out of my front door, complete in pjs, looking at my phone wondering why so many people were "worried" about us and my resulting shout of "S*&T!!!!!!"
The view from our house, taken by a neighbor. They packed their computer hard drives and important documents. When I woke to the neighborhood having long ago evacuating, I packed snacks, epi pens and my swim suit. Priorities.

Look at that fire line. 

It may take a while for this lot to sell now. I'm no realtor, but....

Our new view...

Our other neighbors took a pic of this neighbors house. Unreal. Only one house was lost. Feeling insanely thankful for brave firefighters, their quick response and great efforts...

No comments: